In order to ensure the safety of both our customers and staff we have put various new measures in place:
- Only Screen 1 is operating and with significantly reduced seating capacity (from 220 down to approximately 60 to 70) – people from the same household and social bubble can sit together, seats will be allocated with social distancing adhered to, only every other row used and two seats gap between bookings – cleaning will take place between screenings
- Online bookings preferred – (this reduces need for physical tickets), your booking QR code will be scanned on arrival on your phone or booking form to allow entry – contactless payments preferred if buying tickets on the door but we will accept cash if necessary
- Box Office – open 30minutes before each screening, floor markings to ensure correct social distancing when queuing, perspex screen in place at the reception desk
- Hand sanitisers available for customers at entrance and exit to cinema
- The UK Government requires that customers wear a face covering when walking throughout the building. This can be removed once seated in order to consume food and drink. Some of our team may also be wearing a face covering
- Please treat all customers with respect – some may have hidden illnesses that prevent them from wearing a face covering. In this case they are likely to be carrying an exemption card. Some of our team may also be carrying exemption cards. We ask that you treat all with respect.
- Ushers will ensure exit doors are open at end of film, customers will file out row by row thus ensuring minimum contact with doors and less contact with other people
- All customers are asked by the UK Government to use their smartphone to scan the QR code upon entry for Test and Trace purposes. Those without a smartphone are asked to provide their details on the paper slips at the Box Office. These details will be retained by Ipswich Film Theatre for no more than 21 days in accordance with GDPR regulations.